As storytellers, we see PR as a vibrant renewed discipline that has risen to the top of today’s marketing agenda. That’s where you come in. We are looking for a smart, high-energy media relations pro to join our growing team in serving clients and making a real difference.
Successful candidates must eat, drink and sleep media relations – high-energy news hounds, on top of today’s media formats, news trends and coverage opportunities.
- Minimum of 2-3 years demonstrated PR experience with a track record of success in crafting, pitching and placing PR content (experience with both B2B and B2C media is a plus)
- Established relationships with local and national media with specific, personal connections with Philadelphia outlets including all local print, online and broadcast media, broadcast segment shows, etc.)
- A proven track record with successful pitching via email and smart and agile phone contact
- Must maintain external relationships with all forms of media contacts: industry and trade group outlets; business and legal publications, speaking organizations and other executive forums
- Strong grasp of full scope of media relations – building media lists, creating reporter background documents, developing press materials, drafting speaking points, pitching media, securing placements, interview prep and developing tracking and reporting documents
- Media savvy and passionate – mastery of what constitutes news value and creating newsworthy content and storylines aligned with brand messages
- Strong verbal skills that command confidence from clients and media
- Superior writing skills – press materials, pitches and client communiques
- Strong project manager – juggling multiple issues, projects and deadlines
- Self-manager – acts decisively with focus and urgency
- Active learner – continuously develops new knowledge and skills
- Positive energy – team player with low ego who’s fun to work with
Join Our Smart and Creative Culture
For more than two decades, we’ve been using the power of stories to shape mindsets and move markets in the financial, consumer, retail, food, pharma and tech sectors. Our modern open offices in downtown Philly foster creativity, collaboration and fun — with a fast-paced vibe. Our staff is made up of a diverse mix of journalists and analysts, technologists and trend spotters, consultants and creatives, managers and measurers. We offer competitive salaries, superior benefits, personal development — and outstanding opportunities for advancement.
**Please note that our staff is currently working remotely in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you are interested in this position, please email a cover letter and copy of your resume to: