As storytellers, we define content marketing as the generous act of helping audiences solve key issues with information, insights, authority, and empathy. That empathy is key. We care about good content, because we care about helping real people solve real issues.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a smart, focused, high-energy mid-to-senior-level full-stack developer to help us craft compelling digital experiences that make a real difference.
Do you bring a passion for solving problems and a strong eye for design? Do you spot ways to improve every website you visit? Do you have expertise in UX best practices and experience in creating stunning websites, digital applications and emails? Do you craft digital ads that make customers take notice and competitors jealous? We’re always looking to learn and grow, so let us know if you’ve got something new you bring to the table. Below is a quick look at what we’re looking for.
- Develop pixel-perfect websites using WordPress, HTML, SCSS, JS, jQuery, and PHP
- Collaborate with multiple teams on digital projects from concept to completion
- Optimize and maintain websites and provide maintenance reports and recommendations
- Develop email templates and campaigns for multiple ESPs that are backward compatible with legacy mail clients and optimized for dark-mode
- Integrate various third-party Web APIs with website frameworks and CMSs
- Diagnose and resolve website functionality errors
- Provide technical leadership on web application projects
- Ensure that all digital applications meet the expectation of the agency and exceed the expectation of the client
- Communicate with various teams to ensure all applications are held to the highest standard of digital best practice
- Quality Assurance Review and Documentation
- 3-5 years of experience, ideally with time in a creative agency environment
- Knowledge of digital best practices
- Strong UI/digital design skills • Website Q/C testing, browser compatibility testing, and debugging
- Understanding of front-end performance analysis and optimization
- Understanding of UX analysis /web reporting and data tracking, familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, and Google Search Console
- Knowledge of email marketing including best practices, familiarity with various e-marketing software solutions, A/B testing, Q/C testing, capability to develop backward compatible, responsive email campaigns
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and development considerations
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Sketch, GIT, BitBucket
- Familiarity with server and hosting operations
- Ability to identify improvements within the creative marketing process and capabilities.
- Ability to oversee junior and freelance developers
- 2-year college degree (bachelor’s degree desirable)
Join Our Smart and Creative Culture
Braithwaite Communications is one of the largest full-service content marketing firms in the region. Over more than three decades of success and growth, we have helped leading national and regional companies and causes bring their brand stories to life.
Whether you’re working remotely, in our modern open offices in downtown Philly or a combination of both, our culture fosters creativity, collaboration and fun with a fast-paced vibe. Our staff is made up of a diverse mix of business-minded storytellers — journalists and analysts, technologists and trend spotters, consultants and creatives, managers and measurers. We offer competitive salaries, superior benefits, personal development — and outstanding opportunities for advancement.
Send your resume and a short cover letter with links to your favorite web experiences (developed by you or by others – we want a sense of what you’re into) and to your website (if you’ve got one). A link to a portfolio of your work will greatly help us evaluate your application. Live code examples work best of all. If we think you’re a match, we’ll be in touch.